The Sennheiser Set 900 system lets you enjoy sound no matter what you are doing. If you are in a theater or a concert hall equipped for infrared (IR) transmission, you can adjust the volume at the headset receiver to suit your individual taste - allowing you to enjoy the event in optimum sound quality.
At home, connect your Sennheiser Set 900 to your TV or hi-fi system. The cordless listening system guarantees you excellent sound that can be, for example, individually treble-emphasized. With its separately switchable microphone amplification, the receiver is just like reading glasses for your ears; speech becomes more understandable, making conversations easier. The activated microphones also improve your ability to perceive ambient noises such as the ringing of a telephone while watching TV. Two year warranty.
What is an IR (infrared) system?
- 125dB max SPL
- 3.5mm stereo jack plug in transmitter
- Three selectable hearing settings on transmitter; optimized speech intelligibility due to switchable compression and treble boost
Up to 12m range within the room
- Infrared transmission
- Customizable stereo sound
- Two switchable microphones on receiver pick up and amplify surrounding noise, allowing the user to hear ambient sounds such as the phone ringing while watching TV
- Foldable receiver and carrying case for easy transportation
- Amplified stereo sound at home and in rooms equipped with infrared technology (e.g. theater)
- Large, ergonomic volume control and balance control on receiver
- Precisely fitting, flexible ear cushions for high wearing comfort
- Receiver with automatic on/off function
- Lithium polymer battery for up to 12 hours of continuous use
IR, or infrared systems, transmit sound via invisible light waves within direct line of sight. There is added security in an IR system because sound cannot "spill over" to other rooms. Many multiplex theaters use IR systems for that reason.
[Click for user manual]