Smoke Detector included
Using a patented sensor to hear your existing smoke alarm, the Lifetone HL™ Fire Alarm and Clock is designed to awaken heavy sleepers, seniors, children and people with hearing loss (especially those with significant loss above 3000Hz). Works with UL-approved T3 smoke alarms (one is included with this package).
In a fire emergency, the clock alerts and awakens using a low and multiple-frequency 520Hz square-wave sound pattern. Research shows that 95% of respondents with hearing loss woke to the square-wave alarm, 39 percentage points better than current smoke alarms. Two year warranty.
What is a T3 smoke alarm pattern?
Otherwise known as the "three pulse" or "temporal three" pattern, the T3 sound pattern is three half-second repetitions of the same sound separated by half-second pauses, followed by a 1.5 second pause after the third repetition. The alarm sounds like this: "beep beep beep pause", "beep beep beep pause", "beep beep beep pause". (Note that if your current smoke alarm does not use this pattern, it will not be compatible with Lifetone products.) The T-3 pattern has been used as a standard acoustic pattern in smoke alarms to indicate an immediate need to evacuate. Click here to listen to a T3 sound pattern.
[Click for user manual - Lifetone]
- Listens for existing smoke alarms
- Alerts and awakens in a fire emergency
- 520Hz alarm proven to awaken a wider range of people
- Extra loud 85dB alarm
- Quick and easy setup
- Works with UL-approved T3 smoke alarms
- Extra large clock display
- Displays alarm time and date
- 7 day battery backup
- Alerts to AC power loss and low or no battery
- Alerts to unplugged or improperly connected bed shaker (included)
- Detects T3 alarms through walls, closed doors and multi-story homes
- Functions as a standard alarm clock
- Dimensions: 8-1/2" L x 5" W x 4" H
[Click for spec sheet - smoke detector]
[Click for user manual - smoke detector]