Ceiling Hard Wired - Electrician Installation
All the same features and quality as the other Gentex smoke alarm models, with the addition of battery backup. Battery backup operates audible alarm only. This is a photoelectric single station smoke alarm designed to give reliable early warning of the presence of smoke where both audible and visual alarms are required. (This model is hard-wired so you would need an electrician to hook it up.) One year warranty.
The smoke alarm operates on the light scattering principle, a superior method of detection in smoldering fires.
It has a pulsing LED light source and a photodiode sensor in a fully screened sensing chamber. When smoke enters the chamber, the infrared beam is deflected onto the sensor. The LED rate increases to 8 times the normal pulse rate, and after the photodiode confirms the presence of smoke for 2 consecutive pulses, it will produce the signal necessary to trip the audible and strobe light alarms.
Was $184.00, Now $149.00 for wall or ceiling mount!
- 177 candela rating (very bright strobe light)
- Solid state 90dB horn (very loud)
- Full function test switch (easy for you to test that it is working)
- Flashes 60 times per minute
- Meets state, federal, and ADA requirements
- Quick-disconnect wiring harness
- Mounting hardware for ceiling
- Tandem connection up to 6 detectors per system
- 9V battery backup (audible alarm only)
- UL Listed (USA)
[Click for user manual]